Adding value and expertise to a well-known growing global organization, also operating in Canada, our client, Moltex Energy, is currently looking for a Senior Process and Chemical Engineer. This is a permanent employment opportunity based in New Brunswick, Canada.
As the Senior Process/Chemical Engineer, you will work in a multi-disciplined team of engineers and scientists to design complex facilities. You will provide services in a matrix form to the two projects of a young and innovative company: the Stable Salt Reactor – Wasteburner (SSR-W) and the WAste to Stable Salt (WATSS) fuel processing facility.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You will be responsible for the design of specific process and chemical process systems, from a conceptual design phase to a detailed one, according to site specification and design criteria and safety requirements. You must take into account the available technologies in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities, and be able to both identify areas where R&D is required, and plan for them.
- Develop conceptual / engineering / detailed design of the chemical process systems that are feasible at an industrial scale, based on fundamental and applied research when necessary.
- Undertake design tasks for the WATSS/SSR-W facilities based on regulatory and business requirements, and integrate required technologies into the facility.
- Produce key Process Design documentation such as Mass Balance, PFDs, P&IDs, SIDD, hydraulic analysis (line sizing, valve sizing etc.)
- Work in a fast-paced multi-disciplined team and take the initiative to support in unconventional engineering and science related tasks.
- Manage activities to the highest standards of safety, security, quality, reliability and efficiency, in conformance with established Programs, Policies, Processes, Regulations and appropriate contractual requirements.
- Evaluate the feasibility of the system or component designs that are delivered by in-house teams and suppliers, and identify research and development needs.
- Perform hazard analyses to identify internal and external facility hazards.
- Interact with engineering service companies, manufacturers, research teams, regulators, and stakeholders.
- Validate and verify process and chemical process analysis tools
- Provide technical and strategic advice to the senior management.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Advanced degree in process/chemical engineering or similar engineering discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in process engineering design of complex facilities, from the conceptual phase to the detailed design phase.
- Experience within the Nuclear industry – particularly in a gated design process
- Solid academic foundation of the chemical and physical principles that support process engineering.
- Ability to direct and supervise computer-aided engineering models for process and chemical process systems.
- Experience with designing plant that utilises molten salts.
- Experience in chemical engineering, knowledge of materials and corrosion.
- General knowledge of the nuclear industry (nuclear reactors, radioactive waste treatment plants or fuel reprocessing).
- Supplier management experience.
- P. Eng license in New Brunswick or commitment to obtain it immediately.
Nuclear / Process Design / Chemical Process Systems / Hydraulic Analysis / Hazard Analysis