Do you want to play a significant role in a fast-paced innovative forward leading environment? Using your skills in P6, Primavera you will work on short duration projects in the Science and Technology division. You are an agile project planner who performs analysis progress monitoring and reporting analyzing critical project performance information.
The Project Controls Analyst is a senior position that takes a lead role in the establishment of project management systems used for the planning and control of projects. The PCC has the responsibility for the production and updating of Work Breakdown Structures, project schedules, cost estimates and various control databases. The PCC interacts daily with work package leaders, gathering and analyzing project performance information, investigating variances, and initiating corrective action. The PCC may take a lead in the preparation of scope, schedule and cost management plans, writing reports, chairing meetings and delivering presentations. The PCC also assumes leadership roles in peer groups and mentor junior team members.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You will be using your analytical skills, always with an eye on improvement and capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure projects are achieved you will:
- Provide leadership to junior team members, trains Junior/Intermediate Project Control Coordinators on core planning and control processes (work break down structure, cost estimating, cost control, scheduling, risk management, etc.), systems and templates; and encourages and supports innovation.
- Takes a lead role in the establishment of project management systems used for the planning and control of their own project(s) using P6 Primavera and with an intimate knowledge of EVM (Earned Value Management System)
- Analyzes project, program, and resource demand information – detailed cash flow analysis, cost estimating, forecasting, and complex budgeting.
- Provides contract administration input and oversight.
- Produces and updates project work breakdown structures, project cost estimates, schedules, and various control databases.
- Works with the Project team to prepare project plans and reports related to scope, cost, and schedule;
- Understands and applies the guidelines of ANSI/EIA-748-C: Earned Value Management Systems, to projects.
- Maintains, tracks, and reports all financial aspects of the project(s) including project cost forecasts, procurement invoices, accruals and actual costs billed to the project(s)
- Performs Earned Value Analysis to measure the project(s) schedule and cost performance.
- Works with the Project team to prepare and maintain the project(s) risk register.
- Analyses the schedule / cost performance and risk assessment;
- Prepares project bid and scheduling submissions.
- Develops planning and control framework processes, including definition of the hierarchies, coding and account structures required for tracking, analysis, and performance measurement.
- Implements changes, identifies variances and recommends corrective actions;
- Chairs / participates in project review meetings and makes presentations of project information.
- Works with contractors & consultants on construction schedules and incorporates contractor schedules into the master P6 schedule; Receives progress updates from contractors and project team and updates P6 master schedule.
- Conducts Critical Path analyses with project team and provides corrective actions or solution for deviation.
- Manages and maintains the change control process for respective project(s); and
- Identifies and recommends improvements to complex processes that affect own area, others and / or clients.
- University degree or college diploma in a relevant field from an accredited school.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of progressively more responsible work experience in Project Management.
- Outstanding organizational skills and oral and written communication capabilities. Adept at synthesizing complex information and distilling such information into clear and concise messages for written reports or oral presentations;
- Demonstrates questioning attitude and can assimilate complex data and recommends solutions.
- Strong computer skills; Advanced level capability in scheduling software (P6 Primavera); Ability to learn other systems such as Cobra, advanced level capability in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint), MS Access and working knowledge of MS Visio, PCRS and ImpAct. Able to learn/use CNL’s document management system and other CNL applications.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic, sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- PMI Schedule Practitioner (PMI-SP) certification required; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is considered an asset;
- Demonstrates knowledge of project management principles and processes, as recognized by the Project Management Institute (PMI), and a proven ability to apply this knowledge in the project controls of large and complex undertakings, especially those related to scope, schedule, cost, risk, and change control;
- Proven ability to apply knowledge of Earned Value Analysis;
- Understanding of the methods and resources used by functions engaged to perform project activities e.g. Engineering, Licensing, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Manufacturing, etc., as well as the deliverables typically produced. Recommends improvements to other CNL functions.
The salary will be discussed.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, we can only consider applicants who are eligible to work in Canada and who are already located in the country.