For a well-known client operating in UAE I am currently in search of a Senior Project Engineer to join their team on a nuclear new build project. The client is offering a contract for 12 months.
In this role you will have to execute and control the proper implementation of internal and external interface and coordination between the Engineering Directorate, stakeholders and the Prime Contractor for activities associated with the NPP in accordance with the contract terms and conditions to the highest standards of safety and quality while achieving cost and schedule plans.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Coordination and interface
- Work with the discipline Engineering teams to facilitate internal coordination and interface with other CPO Directorates and stakeholders.
- Work with the Engineering teams to facilitate the coordination and interface with outside stakeholders such as FANR.
- Follow the established communication channels and facilitate the exchange of information by coordinating and organizing periodic and ad hoc meetings with KEPCO and other parties.
- Contribute to the planning and conducting of QA audits and surveillances.
- Coordinate all engineering requirements with Client’s Seoul office.
- Coordinate the engineering training programs.
- Engineering oversight support
- Provide support to the engineering teams to achieve proper engineering oversight of the prime contractor site activities.
- Participate in the dialogue with the licensing and permitting division in relation to the engineering interface with Licensing and Permitting, Participate in policies and procedures review and update.
- Track and incorporate updates on engineering systems such as DTR’s, RFI’s …etc. metrics.
- Monitor the condition report system to track corrective action related to engineering and follow up on the implementation.
- Coordinate with the Management Systems team to maintain and track the engineering management system documents.
- Prepare and consolidate the monthly CPO report and other required reports, and ensure the completeness of the engineering input prior to submission.
- Project management
- Communicate with the planning and risk team to confirm engineering oversight activities are in line with project execution schedule.
- Provide support to the project progress verification requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of the Engineering Coordination Department budget.
- Health and Safety
- Follow all relevant company’s HSE policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure HSE compliance in all aspects of work in accordance with sound management practices by applying these HSE policies and procedures to self and others to take reasonable care for the health and safety of people, or the environment, who are at the employee’s place of work who may be affected by the employees acts or omissions at work.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or relevant education and experience.
- 5 -8 years or relevant experience and knowledge in project engineering and management.
- Awareness of the design techniques and tools in their discipline
- Ability to read technical drawings and virtual plant models
- English fluency
- MS Office
- Skilled at using international codes and standards in engineering and design of their discipline area (Preferred)
- Nuclear Safety awareness
- Knowledge of nuclear safety design principals
- Project Management
- Chartered or Professional Engineer