Our client a Leading International Engineering Organisation is seeking a Senior Project Manager for a Major Nuclear New Build Project.
The Senior Project Manager will manage projects within the Nuclear and other highly regulated industry sectors ensuring performance and profit margins are met in line with the company and customers requirements.
This will include…
Position of the Senior Project Manager within the organisation:
• Reports directly to Divisional Director/Operations Manager
• Directly supervises project teams
• Communicates effectively with all project stakeholders, especially client representative.
• Accountable for Project Financial Performance
• Develop relationships and further business with Clients
• Prepares and approves proposals and specifications
• Launches the project and establishes effective communication routes
• Monitors and controls project costs, resources and programme
• Ensures relevant technical solutions are applied
• Supervises project team to maintain required standards of quality and safety
• Assesses and mitigates project risks.
• Degree qualified in an engineering or related subject
• Professional qualification from a PM or engineering institution (C Eng or equivalent)
• Knowledge of NEC Contracts / Design and Construction Background
• Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
• Excellent team working skills
• Leadership and people management experience
• Ability to motivate and influence
• Ability to work under time pressure
• Ability to manage stakeholders inside and outside the business
• Ability to think and plan strategically
• Drive and determination
• Good understanding of and ability to contribute to the wider business strategies and vision
• Further qualification in project management (either MSc or APM Registered project professional or equivalent
• Prince2 or Agile methodologies would be of interest if they’re not APM qualified
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.