For an innovative SMR project to be developed in Canada, we are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager. This is a permanent position to be based in Toronto, ON or Saint John, NB. The position requires extensive travel to headquarters based in Saint John, NB.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the development of plant key Structures, Systems and Components (SSCs). She or he will ensure the project objectives are harmonized and will lead the cross-functional team in the technology development, R&D execution and deployment of the key SSC requirements and also deliver exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams including Engineering Design, Systems Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Regulatory, Quality, Finance, and Marketing in the project life-cycle for the key SSCs
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering Design Lead to ensure the successful delivery of engineering projects
- Develop a plan and coordinate the overall project work including R&D break down structure and integrated master schedule to deliver projects on-time in accordance with internal and external market requirements
- Identify project risks and develop risk management plans and mitigation strategies to address these risks
- Develop critical path analyzes to manage project critical paths and to identify means to accelerate timelines, reduce costs, and/or mitigate risks
- Interact with key stakeholders, including customers, regulators, suppliers, and partners to ensure the successful execution of the project
- Coordinate and lead key technical design reviews and business gate reviews with the internal and external stakeholders
- We are currently recruiting applicants that are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or related field required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification desired
- 5-10 years of related technical experience and/or training and a proven track record of project or technical leadership
- Specific experience with chemical processing, power generation, or other large industrial products desired
For this position, nuclear experience is desired
- Salary depending on experience