For one of our clients in Belgium, we are looking for a Senior PSA level 1 Engineer to support multiple nuclear projects. The role is to be based in Brussels for an initial 1-year contract with possible extensions.
- Coach engineers to perform probabilistic safety assessment in order to meet a.o. the regulatory requirements regarding the development of Seismic and Spent Fuel Pool PSA level 1 (main references: EPRI 3002000709, the EPRI 1025294 and the EPRI 3002005289 for SPSA; EPRI 3002002691). Coordinate the activity between the different stakeholders (fragility computations, system analyses,…)
- Coach engineers to update the existing internal events models for all Belgian nuclear units (using Risk Spectrum PSA), taking into account:
- Current status of the plant (experience feedback for the development of operating profiles, operating procedures, plant modifications, etc.).
- The State of the Art.
- Evaluation of the existing PSA level 1 models to evaluate their adequacy to perform PSA application
- Support to the Operator in the use of these models for various applications (assessment of plant modification, decision-making process, optimizing the training programs of operators, etc.).
- Contacts, presentation and / or justification of studies with Safety Authorities.
- You have a master degree in Engineering. A Master in Nuclear Science constitutes a further asset
- You have at least 15 years of professional experience in PSA level 1 techniques in nuclear energy
- You have a good knowledge of RiskSpectrum PSA software
- An experience in performing Seismic and/or Spent Fuel Pool PSA is an asset
- You have inquiring and critical mind, you are dynamic, rigorous and pragmatic
- You have good knowledge of English. Willing to learn French and/or Dutch is an asset.
- Knowledge of computer Languages (e.g. Visual Basic) is an asset
- You are a team player
- You are able to work autonomously