Our client a Leading International Engineering company is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a Major Nuclear New Build Project in the South West, UK.
This role is the ‘commercial and contractual guardian’ of a project or projects. The Senior QS will closely administer and manage all commercial aspects of the contract with all stakeholders of a project; client and external subcontractors. They will provide contractual and commercial advice to the Project Management team and often operate as the Project Manager’s right hand person.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor shall lead the following aspects of a contract and be able to do so for projects that operate on a lump sum or target basis and that are subject to reasonable levels of change from aspects such as design or delay & disruption:
• Contract cash flow
• Contract change management
• Establishing subcontracts and subcontractor management
• Cost control and earned value management
• Project Commercial Reporting including accurate forecasting
The Senior Quantity Surveyor must be able to play a significant role in:
• Interviewing, selecting and managing other commercial project resources for projects or across project portfolio’s where required
• Negotiations with clients to secure our contractual entitlements
• Negotiations with subcontractors to defend spurious or exaggerated subcontract change claims
• Establishing and actively managing the project budgets with the Project Manager
• Managing the contract risks with the Project Manager
• Establishing and managing the implementation of the procurement strategy for the contract
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.