For a well known client operating in the UAE, we are currently looking for Senior Reactor Operators. This is a permanent position to be based at Barakah Nuclear Power Plant.
Provide Station leadership throughout the operation and maintenance and testing of the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) to achieve a high level of safety and reliability, in accordance with all operating procedures & policies, regulatory requirements, and nuclear, industrial, and environmental protection standards ensuring overall business performance objectives are achieved.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Direct the operating crew to assess plant conditions and implement the appropriate actions to mitigate events and resolve issues.
- Maintain appropriate controls and oversight of all activities affecting core reactivity.
- Perform operability assessments and determinations for safety related equipment.
- Approve all testing and maintenance activities including removing/ restoring equipment from/ to service.
- Analyze plant equipment parameters/ trends and direct prompt action to stabilize the plant.
- Perform management and off-site notifications as necessary following plant transients or events.
- Perform pre-job briefings prior to plant activities including surveillance, maintenance activities / troubleshooting, special tests and infrequently performed evolution.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of written records, logs, equipment and control board information throughout the shift including turnovers to understand how plant equipment is performing.
- Maintain awareness of total plant impact of all work activities including out of service equipment to fully understand the complete impact to the plant throughout the shift.
- Ensure plant configuration control is maintained with required supporting documentation.
- Manage operating staff workload and minimize distractions to the evolution in progress.
- Perform additional technical or administrative tasks as directed by the Shift Manager.
Training and Qualification
- Attend Initial and Requalification (Requal) training to obtain and maintain the required knowledge level, skills, and proficiency of a Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR) Certified Senior Reactor Operator.
- Provide continuous improvement training feedback on program effectiveness.
Personnel Development and Coaching
- Monitor and coach Operations shift staff to improve overall crew and department performance.
- Communicate and implement station management expectations.
- Evaluate individual and crew performance to address the need for additional training or developmental opportunities.
Health and Safety and Security
- Follow all relevant company’s Health and Safety, and Security, policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure Health and Safety, and Security, compliance in all aspects of work.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission-critical activities.
- Manage the effective achievement of the Organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, and providing formal and informal constructive feedback and appraisal.
- Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Excellence and Quality Management
- Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by eliminating waste, following operations procedures, practicing innovation, problem solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback, and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals.
- License or Certification as an RO with 5 years of experience OR as an SRO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering is advantageous but no essential
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, we can only consider applicants who are eligible to work in the UAE and is able to obtain a Security Clearance to join the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant project.