Duties and Responsibilities
· Define and maintain the Safety Database comprising all design incident scenario’s that forms the basis of Integrated Safety Analysis, Plant Safety Cases and License safety justifications;
· Contribute to development of the Safety Case in new/modification projects;
· Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of facility’s process design and licensing basis regarding human, industrial and in particular nuclear safety;
· Lead safety assessments, i.e. HAZID/HAZOP/FMEA;
· Evaluate ReAct/BCI events, manage learning from experience program within DA organisation;
· Perform technical and quality reviews of a wide array of engineering and technical products. Advanced experience levels also perform reviews of non-typical documents and situations. Including license and legislation reviews (and maintaining such qualifications);
· Develop resolution of technical problems in accordance with established procedures and available vendor documents (including but not limited to: Non-conformance Evaluations, Operability Determinations, and Quality Level determinations);
· Apply industrial safety and radiological safety practices in the performance of all field activities and engineering functions
· Facilitator in safety assessments such as HAZOP, FMEA, Failure Tree Analysis, SWIFT
· SIL analysis and impact analysis.
· Demonstrate nuclear engineering capabilities in process technology and/or safety; Understanding of design (safety) standards and norms and its application in process/nuclear industry.
· Multiple years of experience in computational physics/mathematics.
Specific knowhow and technical skills:
· Understanding of basic principles and laws in nuclear physics and criticality/dosimetry safety.
· Ability to model and simulate complex stationary and dynamic integrated process systems with respect to criticality and radiological physics.
· Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Process Technology, Nuclear Science or a Professional Engineer (PE) license obtained by accredited examination in associated areas.
· Preferred: Master’s Degree or PhD from an accredited college or university in Physics, Chemistry, Advanced Technology, Mechanical Engineering or Nuclear Engineering
· Driving for Results: Focuses on new and better ways of achieving goals; makes changes that produce a noticeable improvement.
· Focus on performance: Demands high performance and quality, makes known the consequences of non-performance.
· Customer Orientation: Understands the customer’s business and needs and works to find appropriate solution to make the difference, ahead of the competition.
· Going Beyond the Data: Analytical skills to understand complex issues and to see patterns and trends and find solutions.
· Working Collaboratively: Promotes works collaboratively with Design & Engineering Teams Group-wide.
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.