Our client, a major nuclear developer require a Senior Security Manager to support major UK programmes, based in London on a permanent basis.
Manage the development and implementation of security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure the business is able to meet all of its legal and regulatory obligations under Regulation 22 of the Nuclear Industries Security Regulations (2003) and other relevant regulations.
- Oversee and coordinate security efforts across the company, including information technology, human resources, communications, legal, facilities management and other groups.
- Identify security initiatives and standards and ensure security is maintained and updated.
- Create workplace violence awareness and prevention programs.
- Maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Develop emergency procedures and incident responses.Investigate security breaches and implement disciplinary procedures.
- Conduct audits to find holes in security platform.
- Develop risk management assessments according to the company’s risk policy and principles.
- Lead other tasks as directed by Director of Infrastructure.
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline or able to demonstrate relevant experience, especially in the area of Security in nuclear industry.
- Require knowledge and understanding of current and emerging security trends, issues, threats, vulnerabilities and mitigations and have significant experience of implementing national security vetting processes and procedures, informed by assessment of security risks.
- You will be required to hold DV vetting, which is a condition of appointment.
- Experience working within a heavily regulated environment (e.g. HMG, Police, MOD or CNI)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English both oral and writing