Keen on joining a world-class manufacturing leader in delivering End-to-End Automation Services?
Our client is searching for a Project Technical Lead with a robust Systems Design background and experience in the Nuclear Radiological Protection & Management space. As the Project Technical Lead, you will work closely with the customer, the design team, and the project manager to design system solutions, including hardware and software that meet the customer’s process requirements.
You will be a key member of the Project Management team, responsible for the technical governance of the projects. You will have the unique opportunity to support and provide leadership to designers, engineers, construction contractors, maintenance teams and development technicians in hot cells and related nuclear containment/isolator equipment design, manufacturing, and implementation.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Spearhead design of Hot Cell components and Radiopharmaceutical manufacturing equipment
- Experience and/or knowledgeable in medical isotopes production, either from particle accelerators (Cyclotrons, LINACs) or Nuclear Reactors
- Specific experience and/or knowledgeable in:
- isotope target (solid, liquid, gas) handling equipment
- isotope processing/separation/purification equipment and techniques
- radiation protection and dose reduction
- remote handling equipment
- automation in a controlled radiation area
- full scale equipment mock-ups
- decontamination systems
- aseptic vial filling
- distribution and quality control
- Experience with commissioning, qualification, and validation of radio-isotope production equipment and systems
- Interface with customer process engineers and radiological protection personnel to thoroughly understand process and radiological requirements for equipment designs
- Conduct source term assessments and subsequent radiation shielding analysis and design equipment to minimize dose and contamination risk
- Prepare engineering calculations and analyses according to applicable codes and standards
- Utilize Engineering principles and fundamentals for the planning, execution, review, and approval of design:
- Design Plan Preparation
- Defining responsibilities for implementation
- Reviewing and updating the plans as design and development evolves
- Ensuring that design requirements are appropriate, documented, reviewed, and approved
- Evaluation of design output for conformance to design input requirements
- Plan and conduct design reviews at appropriate stages of design development with customers, internal stakeholders and vendors
- Responsible for documenting the results of design reviews
- A minimum of 6 to 10 years of experience in nuclear tooling and equipment development and testing
- A post secondary degree in Systems Design, Engineering Physics, Engineering Science, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Nuclear Engineering or equivalent
- Able to drive implementation of hot-cell and radiation shielded isolation enclosures from cradle to grave (i.e. design to decommissioning)
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the application of shielding and radiation dose assessments for equipment and facility design
- Thorough knowledge and experience in performing hazard / safety analyses
- Working knowledge of shielding simulation software packages (ex. Microshield, FLUKA (Monte Carlo) preferred)
- A Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario or working towards the same
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Familiar with Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission regulations and nuclear equipment design and safety standards
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Solid Works or equivalent CAD software packages
- Familiarity with the use of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Familiarity with the use of electrical devices (ex. switches, load cells, LVDT’s, etc.).
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this position; only applicants who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
Hot Cell Design | Cross-functional team leadership | Project Management | Project Risk & Mitigation