As a Site Security engineer, you will be responsible for protecting critical assets/sites against advanced persistent external/internal threats as well as for designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment that is used to monitor and control the security of a site.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for ensuring that the budget, the timing and the quality of the engineering works is executed as required. You will make sure that the projects assigned to you will be executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules.
- Report progress for all your projects on a weekly basis.
- Lead, motivate, coach and manage a small project team of technical engineers and draftsmen for your projects.
- Participate in the design of your project:
-evaluate and propose the most appropriate technical solutions;
-feasibility studies, studies.
Your experience in site security assessment will allow you to:
- Answer to the wishes and needs of the client.
- Prepare and submit offers and contracts.
- Keep up with the standards, guidelines and new techniques and developments in your discipline and report these to your team members or colleagues.
- Work together with colleagues, external partners and clients in a constructive way.
- With an international mindset and collaborate with our offices abroad for certain engineering tasks and take the necessary actions to guarantee the required quality.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
To succeed in the role you will need:
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Engineering.
- Ideally at least 6 years of experience in Site Security Design.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Good team player and you aim at meeting the Client’s expectations.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- The ability to work remotely within a team spread over 3 sites in Belgium.
- Be ready to travel for short periods on the client’s sites for meetings and or site surveys.
Its a plus if you have knowledge in :
- low voltage systems : power supply/cabling/electrical diagrams / (security)lighting/lightning protection/ …;
- In-depth knowledge of Active Systems (CCTV/ Access Control / Intrusion Detection /Structure Cabling,…) and Passive Systems (fence, turnstile, sas, secured door,slots…)
- Experience in other technologies like (AV/ fire alarm/ PA/ IPTV/ IP intercom/ BMS) is preferred.
Experience in Site Security Design