The Competence Center has teams in Brussels and in the nuclear power plants of Belgium. You will belong to the team in Brussels.
The daily tasks in Brussels cover a wide variety of civil construction activities, ranging from new built projects that often run over several years, short-term renovation projects as well as punctual assistance to the Operator. From a technical point of view, you will work with a broad range of disciplines. You will manage the interface between Client, Operator and the team in Brussels.
- Oversee the design and calculations of nuclear related structures and building subjected to internal and external hazards;
- Perform structural analyses using FEM code;
- Participate actively in the dynamic analysis of nuclear structures and components to various hazards: earthquake, gas explosion, tornado, plane crash accident;
- Participate in the writing of technical specifications (design requirements) and the review of technical documents issued by the Contractor;
- Participate in the preparation of offers or the invitation to tender;
- Share you experience and expertise with Junior Engineers.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Civil Engineer with several years of experience in structural analysis and design;
- Familiar with international codes and standards (Eurocodes as well as American Standards such as ASCE, ACI, USNRC (SRP and RG), …);
- Rigorous and you have scientific mind;
- Can predict the response of structures under static and dynamic loading;
- Experienced in general purpose Finite Element and structural codes (such as ANSYS, SCIA, …) for static loads or dynamic loads , in case of linear or non-linear analysis ;
- A background in seismic assessment of seismic structures and other structures including soil-structure interaction aspects is an asset;
- Good writing skills for technical notes.
- Knowledge of nuclear domain and safety is considered as an asset;
- Can communicate in English. The knowledge of French and/or Dutch is an asset.
At least 5 years’of experience in structural analysis and design