For a well-known client operating in the United Arab Emirates we are currently in search of a Subject Matter Expert – Fire Protection. The client is offering a 3 week contract, with a possibility for extension.
The Fire Protection program is to be audited for its effective implementation once every 2 years and to have a qualified Fire Engineer is required to be used as a technical expert
- Adequacy of Training and qualification of personnel involved in Fire Protection Program implementation, including its technical content.
- Review adequacy of program/ process and procedures developed and implemented meeting the requirements of codes, standards, applicable regulatory requirements and Industry best practices
- Review adequacy of FP Program/ Plan (FOS, FSO, SWD, IFRT Drill, etc.).
- Review adequacy of calculation results of fire load and provide oversight and engineering expertise for actual analysis works.
- Review adequacy of FP related In Service Inspection (ISI) and activities with engineering judgement.
- Review adequacy of the fire hazard analysis report related to design change and procedure change.
- Review adequacy of FP equipment or systems and its operability
- After completion of the audit the Technical Expert shall assist the Audit Team in categorizing the issues and development of Audit Report.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related science or equivalent, Post Graduate / Master Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Fire Protection related specialized training/ qualification/ certification (Professional Engineering designation preferred).
- 10 years of total experience, out of which 5 years working experience in fire protection area in nuclear power plant and 2 year on-site experience working at an operating nuclear facility as Fire Protection Engineer.
- Good knowledge of Fire Protection System in an operating nuclear power plant with excellent knowledge of applicable national and international codes and standards e.g. Applicable NFPA Standards and US NRC Regulatory Guide RG 1.189
- Fluency in English and excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.