For a well known client operating in the United Arab Emirates, we are currently looking for a Technical Consultant – Big Data Hadoop Admin.
- Overall responsible for Cloudera Big Data – Hadoop administration and management of MDMS project. Planning the cluster, deciding on the number of nodes based on the estimated amount of data the cluster is going to serve. Main responsibilities are Installing and upgrading Apache Hadoop on a cluster.
- Configuring and tuning Hadoop using the various configuration files available within Hadoop. An understanding of all the Hadoop daemons along with their roles and responsibilities in the cluster. The administrator should know how to read and interpret Hadoop logs. Adding and removing nodes in the cluster.
- Rebalancing nodes in the cluster. Employ security using an authentication and authorization system such as Kerberos. Hadoop development and implementation Designing, building, configuring and supporting.
- Responsible for MDM software upgrades, patch releases, and notifies team on upcoming functionality.
- Identify, analyze and present latest industry innovations and implementations in the MDM workspace.
- Experienced in the integration with IT & OT systems in Utilities landscape.
- Design the integration specifications, technical specifications and follow up with the Functional and technical team members for the delivery of the same.
- Preparation of project related documents
- Project Management: Manage the projects efficiently and effectively and be able to understand, interpret and relate an organization’s strategy and vision to the big data team, build personal relationships with the big data team as well as to promote a true big data culture
- Solution An understanding of all the Hadoop daemons along with their roles and responsibilities in the cluster. The administrator should know how to read and interpret Hadoop logs. Adding and removing nodes in the cluster. Rebalancing nodes in the cluster. Employ security using an authentication and authorization system such as Kerberos. Almost all organizations follow the policy of backing up their data and it is the responsibility of the administrator to perform this activity. So, an administrator should be well versed with backups and recovery operations of servers.
- Recommendation & Presentation: Document use cases, solutions and recommendations; describe the structure and behavior of a big data solution and how that big data solution can be delivered using big data technology
- Coordination : Help program and project managers in the design, planning and governance of implementing projects of any kind
- 5-8 years’ experience
- Min 3 years’ UAE experience in UAE; Govt Sector or similar organizations preferred.
- MDMS & Big Data Technical implementation
- Understanding on AI, IoT and Digital technologies
- Hands on experience in Cloudera Hadoop cluster configuration, upgradation, maintenance
- Hands on experience in tools like Spark, KAFKA , HBASE , HIVE , Scala , Java, Elastic Search, Sqoop, Flume, MapReduce, Kerberos, Sentry etc
- AMI experience
- Strong knowledge of Java, SQL, NoSQL and Oracle PL/SQL
- Extensive knowledge in architecture as well as design principles and patterns
- Strong analytical capabilities