The SSR-W Technical Director will play a key role in the design of next generation nuclear reactors required to provide safe, clean, and reliable energy. The successful candidate will function as the interface between the project management and engineering teams, and being responsible to the Project Director for the definition and delivery of all engineering work packages.
The SSR-W Technical Director will report to the Chief Nuclear Engineer and be the design authority for the Stable Salt Reactor – Wasteburner (SSR-W) project. The successful candidate will be responsible for safety, physics, licensing, civil and layout, reactor, fuel handling, process system integration and piping, information control and electrical, as well as the engineering tools required to develop the design. This candidate must be the guiding mind behind the SSR-W project by steering the design development and overseeing the options chosen as part of design decisions.
Deliver the SSR-W design, meeting safety, business and design requirements by adhering to the management system processes
* Search for and provide input into the continuous improvement process
* Define scopes of work packages and dependencies between packages
* Ensure the priorities of the project are supported as defined by project management, including adhering to all project milestones
* Define the requirements of the engineering team and competencies required to fill key roles
* Manage a team including the VP Engineering, VP Licensing and engineering work package owners and engineering leads
* Interface with cross-functional engineering teams including R&D, WAste To Stable Salt (WATSS) and Stable Salt Reactor – Uranium (SSR-U) * Provide regular progress updates to project management
* Chair design reviews as the Chief Nuclear Engineer delegate
* Represent Moltex in public forums, including making virtual and in-person presentations
* Attend conferences and external events as a Moltex representative
* Interact with key stakeholders, including customers, regulators, suppliers and partners to ensure the successful execution of the project
* Travel as necessary to support project requirements (amount of travel will vary depending on engineering team composition and geographical locations)
Competencies & skills
* Ability to provide Moltex with the guidance and support required to achieve commercial operation of its next generation nuclear reactor
* Motivated self-starter who is flexible and able to work well in a dynamic, collaborative team environment
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to multi-task with exceptional organizational skills
* Ability to thrive in an environment with rapidly changing requirements and priorities
* Effective leadership skills and ability to engage in cooperative work with customers
* Ability to interpret project needs to provide required support
* Bachelor of Science in engineering or related field is required, a Master of Science in engineering is desired
* Professional engineering designation and the ability to obtain the equivalent designation in New Brunswick (www.apegnb.com) is essential
* 10+ years of related experience in power reactor engineering or training and a proven track record in technical leadership
* An accurate and deep understanding of regulatory process is essential
Engineering, Licensing & Regulatory Process, Design, R&D, Safety
As a Senior Recruitment Consultant, I connect local and international professionals to our clients which include nuclear regulators, operators, engineering companies, equipment manufacturers and research organizations.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.