1. Technical Training Programs
- Support analysis of Technical training target audience, learning goals, technical requirements, training environment, and structural characteristics by executing administrative tasks as requested (e.g., compiling information, etc.) to establish instructional goals and objectives and identify the learning environment and learner’s existing knowledge and skills, so that resulting courses are effective.
- Assist in the development of objectives and examination tools to support the design of Technical training material.
- Support the preparation of Technical training material by executing administrative tasks as requested (e.g., compiling information, etc.) and deliver materials to support initial and continuing training.
- Confer with line organizations to ensure Technical training programs used to train and qualify workers are based on the SAT and regulatory requirements, utilize effective resources, and meet station needs to ensure program success.
- Ensure the collection and maintenance of associated training and qualification records related to Technical training programs to maintain consistent and up to date material.
- Conduct training on topics specific to a given technical discipline to build expertise across the organization.
2. Technical Training Program Quality Improvement
- Participate in benchmarking external training on Technical training topics to identify training improvement opportunities.
- Collate and analyze Trainee Feedback and Management Observation comments to improve Technical training implementation.
- Conduct Post Training Evaluations to determine if trainees are using the gained knowledge and skills in their job position and how effectively they are being used.
- Participate in self-assessments as needed to identify training program improvement opportunities.
3. Training Expertise and Support
- Support the development of discipline specific Technical training schedules to support Technical training implementation.
- Provide input to the Head of Technical Training on required training facilities, mockups, materials and qualifications to ensure effective Technical training program implementation.
- Confer with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in training material development and implementation to ensure training program effectiveness.
- Participate in Training Program Oversight Committee meetings as needed to provide input regarding trainee performance during training and continuing training topic selection.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- High School Certification.
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of instructional techniques through training or experience.
Technical Training Instructors required