Keen on joining a world-class manufacturing company delivering End-to-End Automation Services?
We are urgently recruiting for a Technical Writer. It is a contract position which can be worked remotely. With some occasional onsite travels in Cambridge, ON. It is an initial 6-contract with possibility of extension or conversion into a permanent opportunity.
The Technical Writer will create, edit and review written content and create illustrations for custom automation systems. She/he will execute all documentation activities with a high degree of attention to detail and precision through demonstrated exposure to cutting-edge technologies in the automation field.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Client’s Code of Business Conduct.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
- Adhere to all aspects of the Technical Documentation department procedures and workflows.
- Learn complex concepts and generate content in a clear, concise and organized manner that aligns with the Technical Documentation department writing and content development guidelines.
- Interview subject matter experts and work from drawings, schematics and engineering documentation to develop technical manual content and other technical documentation.
- Create clear, illustrations and photographs to support written information that align to Technical Documentation department guidelines.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, we can only consider applicants who are eligible to work in Canada.
Education and experience
- Engineering technologist college diploma, or equivalent technical field related work experience and education (mechanical technician etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in technical writing, technical support, or report writing in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- A previous experience in the nuclear is preferred but also in aerospace, manufacturing or aseptic packaging industry experience.
- An aptitude for and understanding of dynamics of machinery, mechanical systems, electrical, pneumatic systems, and PLCs.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint.
- Basic proficiency with SolidWorks, and AutoCAD to generate illustrations.
- Basic proficiency with vector-based illustration software.
- Nuclear experience is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Familiar with CSA N285/NQA Quality requirements as defined within the manual and procedures.
- Experience with CorelDRAW, and Corel PHOTO-PAINT, Inkscape, Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker.
An hourly rate will be paid – to be further discussed.