On behalf of our US client, a nuclear technology company, we are currently looking for Test Engineer. It’s a remote contract role with possible travel in the future.
The Test Engineer will have responsibility executing testing related such as test design, test component design, test documentation, and conducting the test. The Test Engineer will work closely with internal and external customers to ensure the testing meets requirements and is conducted in a timely manner. The Test Engineer will work as part of a team of engineers and technicians to complete the testing activities.
- Assist in the drafting of test requirements, test designs and test procedures for experimental work.
- Assist with data analysis and generate test reports.
- Under the guidance of Senior Test Engineers, support the coordination of testing activities for setup and commissioning of experimental equipment.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field of Engineering
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in a testing / research and development environment preferred.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Experience with post-processing and documenting experiments.
- Experience with multiple types of testing (R&D, Acceptance, Validation, Qualification)
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists in a research environment.
- Ability to handle projects that include multiple objectives and ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Safety conscience.
- Ability to work with minimum direction to solve challenging research and development problems.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork