Our client, a global Nuclear organization based in the UAE region offers a rare opportunity to embark on a nuclear New-Build program whilst taking inspiration from best-practices from nuclear sites around the world. Reporting directly into the CNO, you will be responsible for leading operational unit/s through major change and transformation as they prepare for commercial operations.
You will work in a highly collaborative, accountable, visionary, multi-cultural and adaptable environment on the backdrop of the well-known ‘can do’ attitude of the UAE. Whilst this role is a 3-5-year assignment there will be numerous opportunities to move into more strategic leadership roles as the site evolves and matures.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Lead the design and implementation of a cohesive strategy of operational and performance readiness for the plant.
- Establish and lead plant operations and support, developing operational planning to ensure alignment of all activities with maintenance and engineering to achieve wider organizational goals.
- Effective leadership and staff management with overall responsibility for an operations division of circa 200+ staff, ensuing accountability at all levels to ensure the achievement of organizational objectives across all aspects of plant performance.
- Oversee end to end plant operations including plant strategy, process improvement, safety, commissioning, testing, technical support, outage management, emergency response & preparedness, chemistry, safety and compliance.
- Drive plant reliability and consistency across all aspects of operations, licensing and design requirements.
- Oversee the outage and emergency response organization support units, monitoring and ensuring effectiveness of the support provided.
- Lead a culture of continuous performance improvement in health, safety, security and reliability.
- Oversee operational optimization to agreed standards, policies and procedures ensuring alignment with industry best practice and regulatory requirements.
- 12 years of relevant experience of which 4 years must be in Nuclear Power Plants in a leadership/management role and a background with a diverse career path (operations, maintenance and/or engineering).
- Proven ability working in challenging, fast paced and constantly changing environments during a transformational period in its lifecycle (e.g. significant steam generator replacements, long outages, power uprates).
- Candidates will be SRO certified or have a Navy Nuclear Operational experience (and PWR experience though this is not deemed essential).
- Proven capability in successfully designing and leading recovery strategies and the transformation of poor performing plants/units into high performing ones.
- Effective and collaborative leadership that drives accountability, the highest standards of operational excellence and the ability to adapt and transform through the creation of multiple global approaches to achieve one common objective while shaping the future leaders of the organization.
- Possess not only the right level of technical leadership, but also the capability to effectively lead a diverse and multi-cultural workforce in a progressive and collaborative way.
- Ideally you will have familiarity with WANO Atlanta standards and processes.
- The ability to positively influence and lead the organization to enable the achievements of the business units and organizational goals.