Thomas Thor Associates are proud to be working exclusively with an international engineering leader, committed to engineering a zero-carbon future.
This is a dynamic opportunity to develop, as an ambassadorial leader, the nuclear offering across the UK lifecycle.
From an operational perspective :
- To guide and direct the Branch operations and to give guidance and direction to ensure that the Branch achieves its mission and objectives.
- To implement governance and the related applicable procedures at the UK branch level.
- To manage and drive the delivery of Nuclear projects in UK, including a key Hinkley Point C (HPC) work package.
- To provide advice and guidance to the Project Directors on the applicable local rules and regulations.
- To be accountable for the profit and loss accounting of the UK Branch.
- To prepare, get approval, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue is maximized and that fixed costs are minimized.
From a people perspective:
- Direct and control the work and resources of the Branch and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff to support the ambition and objectives of Nuclear Business Line in the UK.
From a business perspective:
- To ensure partnership in the future cluster of engineering for new nuclear in the UK (UK EPR Design Centre), for civil and other nuclear capabilities (HVAC, electrical, mechanical, nuclear safety).
- To develop further the nuclear activities in UK for all our Services and Products (NPP New Build, Plant Operation Support, Radwaste and D&D, SMR and Nuclear Medical Applications) jointly with the business development community of the Nuclear Business Line.
- To conduct UK market surveys in order to feed the business plan of the Nuclear Business Line with clear opportunities aligned with our business growth strategy.
- To establish and maintain effective formal and informal relationships with customers, business partners, relevant government departments and agencies, regulators and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the Branch is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
- Engineering background specialised in nuclear.
- Uk context, Nuclear Project Delivery experience.
- English fluency with French language skills strongly preferred.
- Budget management experience.