For our client in The Netherlands, dedicated to design and build a new reactor, we are looking for a Utilities Systems /Auxiliaries Engineer
The design of the Nuclear Island will be made by a specialized external designers. As a Utilities Systems /Auxiliaries Engineer you will support to obtain the right design by maintaining full oversight of work performed by the designers and of technical interfaces.
As Utilities Systems /Auxiliaries Engineer you will be part of the engineering team, reporting to the engineering manager.
- Be responsible for the utilities systems (including nuclear services, conventional services, piped services, OPS utilities, hot & cold tap water system, sewage & storm water drainage, compressed & breathing air supply, service gas system, demin water supply system, fuel oil storage & distribution system), to gets the right design according to the technical requirements and Dutch Regulatory Requirements.
- Assess the design proposed by the Contractor.
- Use value engineering and design-to-cost principles to optimize the design.
- Conducting audits (quality assessments) at suppliers
- Participate to meetings with supporting engineers and the designer of the reactor.
- Support interface control between Nuclear Island and balance of plant
- Define design codes and standards evaluation criteria.
- Evaluate the effect of code selection on the maintaining the plant afterwards e.g. replacement part manufacturing.
- Support code justification to regulator.
- Evaluate the extent of localization that is possible (e.g. Availability of materials in local market).
- Support assessment the Quality Management System of designers with regard to manufacturing and design process.
- Support the review of the conceptual safety report and safety analysis report.
- With respect to your assigned work packages report on progress, budget, risks and issues
- Diploma in higher professional or university level, preferably in the field of engineering
- Experience with EPCM/EPC environment
- +10 years of technical experience in complex projects in the nuclear or energy sector, or in the process or chemical industries
- You can set priorities and have a structured way of working
- Excellent English
- Having system engineering experience is an advantage
- Affinity with International Atomic Energy Agency systems and guidelines is an advantage