EDF is the world’s leading nuclear power station operator, currently operating 71 reactors in France and the UK. As such, EDF has a vision to become the European Leader in Decommissioning and Waste Management, providing services to other nuclear operators and ensuring mastery of the decommissioning process for its own fleet. To support this vision, EDF has established the Cyclife Group to deliver commercial decommissioning and waste services in the market. Cyclife currently has four business lines covering: Consultancy, Site Projects, Waste Treatment and Decommissioning via a nuclear-licensed waste treatment facility in Cumbria and international facilities in Sweden and France.
Primarily reporting to the Technical Manager and the Head of Decommissioning, your role will be to provide technical environmental, waste management and characterisation services in support of all aspects of the Company’s business and fulfil specific contracts.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Successful delivery of assignment Projects within the time , cost and quality constraints imposed. Provide relevant input into business development elements as required.
- Work as a member of a team or where appropriate lead Consultancy and decommissioning projects in accordance with Cyclife UK Management arrangements as well as the requirements of clients.
- To provide technical environmental, waste management and characterisation services in support of all aspects of the Company’s business and fulfil specific contracts, in particular in support to Strategic Decommissioning planning.
- Management of individual disposability assessments including scheduling, resourcing, costs and customer expectations.
- Expert waste management advice and guidance to customers on the production of waste inventories and waste packages
- Ongoing engagement with waste packagers in support of the disposability assessment schedule.
- Effective communication of identified requirements contributing to and managing resolution.
- Confirming application of required controls on waste package product quality through audit of relevant management systems and technical conformance.
- Good first degree in a science or engineering subject
- Waste management experience
- Experience to work with Magnox/ NDA/ EDF decommissioning would be an advantage
- Knowledge of radioactive waste packaging process and UK waste packaging plant, and of options for packaging of legacy wastes and potential wastes from new reactors.
- Experience in managing multiple parallel projects.
- Experience of regulatory processes as applied to operational process plant and construction sites.
- Resilience and proven ability to behave professionally in challenging and confrontational circumstances.
- Technical report writing to a good standard of English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capable of obtaining (or currently holds) UK Nuclear industry clearance
Based anywhere in UK, travel to Cyclife office or site once every week or two.
Please contact Daria Farcas on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Thomas Thor Associates are proud to be the exclusive recruitment partner of Cyclife UK. Cyclife’s decommissioning concept is a waste-led solutions approach, in response to nuclear industry operational and decommissioning challenges. The UK business is embarking upon a period of considerable expansion, making this an exciting time to join them and be part of their ambitious Cyclife journey.