INTERNSHIP: Diversity & Inclusion in UK Nuclear
The purpose of this role is to support the ‘’Diversity & Inclusion in UK Nuclear’’ initiative, with the aim of improving diversity and inclusion within the nuclear workforce in the UK. This initiative has been launched in 2019 by Monica Mwanje (MMCS) and Callum Thomas (Thomas Thor). Our primary objective is to support the 11,000 people managers in the UK nuclear industry to bring more diversity to their teams. We believe that if every people manager in the industry, whether they have a team of 2 or 20, are enabled and supported to achieve diversity and inclusion within their own team then we could make a real difference.
This is a full time 6-12 month internship, working as part of the team on this valuable initiative that makes a real difference within the UK nuclear industry. The role could be based in one of Thomas Thor’s offices in Bristol, Cumbria or Amsterdam.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Creating and distributing a monthly newsletter by email to subscribers
- Researching and gathering information to include in the monthly newsletter, including writing fresh content as well as reusing content gathered from other sources
- Building the base of subscribers for the monthly newsletter
- Carrying out research on building communities and methods to engage with those communities, drawing from best practice across different industries
- Event management – all activities related to the planning, organization, and delivery of events, including workshops conferences and online events such as interviews and webinars
- Managing the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox – communicating with stakeholders and liaising with Monica and Callum to respond to questions and queries
- Acting as a link with other diversity & inclusion initiatives in the UK nuclear industry, such as WiN, NSSG, and initiatives within individual companies. Creation of a monthly report for Monica and Callum summarising activities, events, and initiatives from the month related to diversity & inclusion