Principal Recruitment Consultant for Executive Search, Toronto, Canada
Are you interested in supporting the energy transition? In learning about complex fields?
If you are looking for a collaborative working atmosphere, a good work-life balance, and the opportunity to work with a truly international team, this opportunity might be for you.
The Principal Recruitment Consultant will support the KeySource Global Executive Search business in North America, partnering with teammates and clients to obtain clear view on strategic hiring needs to develop and implement a targeted talent acquisition strategy for their needs.
This role will be involved in all steps of the recruitment process, beginning with Client Management and including talent mapping, sourcing and developing candidate and client relationships. Utilizing your industry intelligence and expertise in the energy talent market, you are a trusted resource to candidates, clients, and your colleagues.
- As the Principal Recruitment Consultant you will manage the recruiting process for contingent and contract projects. Engaging with clients to get a clear view of their strategic and financial objectives and hiring needs and devise and carry out a targeted sourcing and research strategy to meet those needs.
- Process Management will include managing the full recruitment process with Recruitment team clients and candidates.
- Execution of search techniques to generate pipelines of active and passive candidates necessary for client positions through direct sourcing methods (networking, referrals, social media, research, and cold calling)
- Contact sourced candidates to present and discuss the opportunity, client value proposition and unique selling points of the role.
- Screening and interviewing candidates to ensure they are fully suitable (i.e. both qualified and interested) for the role.
- Presenting shortlisted candidates to clients to maximize the chance of moving them forward to the interview process.
- Managing the interview, offer and acceptance process
We work together with our 4 values to support us:
- Collaboration: you can be trusted to work independently and you really enjoy being part of a team. It is ok to make mistakes and to ask for help, we are the one of the few recruitment companies encouraging team spirit with team based targets. You will of course be integrated in our company with annual events organised internationally.
- Excellence: You are the face of our company for the client. You are confident to promote the company brand and develop professional relationships through networking. You are a go-to person with excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact & communicate with potential candidates and clients.
- Diversity and Inclusion: You are the kind of person who thrives in an environment that is gender-balanced and has a diverse range of nationalities, backgrounds, identities and attributes. In your activity, you will also have ample opportunity to encourage good practices regarding E D and I.
- Credibility: you will receive an exhaustive training when you start and you will have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop thanks to our Academy. We will facilitate your career development.
At Thomas Thor, we care for our employee’s work-life balance. We offer hybrid working and flexible working hours. We offer some excellent benefit for you such as: good healthcare insurance; dental insurance; vision insurance; life insurance pension; paid time off; 401K; retirement plan; well-being budget.
Skills, experience and knowledge
- BS/BA or equivalent undergraduate degree
- 10+ years’ experience in recruiting or sales in a highly regulated industry. Experience in the energy industry is valued.
- Proficiency with recruitment
- Proficient with a Candidate Applicant Tracking System and a CRM system
- A flexible mindset and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter that is able to fulfill duties without supervision
- Ability to lead and mentor junior team members
If you enjoy learning and thrive in a competitive situation, please contact me (Helene Douchet) directly for a more detailed discussion.
Thomas Thor is equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, and compensate regardless of race, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability, age, veteran status.