For one of our clients in Finland, we are currently looking for an Experienced Commissioning Leader to support the finalization of the commissioning works on a major nuclear new build project. This is an initial 1 year contract with a possible extension to be based on site.
In this position the Commissioning Manager Deputy can expect to perform the following duties in support of the Commissioning Manager:
- Overall organization, scheduling, and coordination for the Plant Pre-operational Tests and Commissioning activities,
- Overall Plant Test Program taking into account the NI and TI overall Test Program,
- Overall management of plant Performance Test and Demonstration Run,
- Daily coordination of Commissioning activities
- Preparation for and participation in the meetings of the Site Start-up Committee.
- Ensuring strict observance of the commissioning documents, commissioning manual requirements, and Overall Time Schedule,
- Approval of documents and reports issued by the NI Commissioning Group,
- Interfaces management and liaisons with the Owner for all Plant Pre-operational Tests and Commissioning matters.
- Organizing the preparation of commissioning report for the utility and the regulator review in Site Testing Committee and answers to the questions from utility and the regulator,
- Develop resource requirements to support the Commissioning activities schedule.
- Validation of personnel qualification evaluation and proposed authorization to Commissioning Engineers,
- Participation in preparation, review, and updating of Commissioning Manual and other management procedures,
- Preparing and updating organization and management procedures,
- Coordination and organization with other project departments and teams concerning the scope and schedule of commissioning activities, and associated interfaces management,
- Additional tasks and responsibilities could be added at a later stage when needed including technical and/or operational functions.
- Engineering degree required in one of the following disciplines: Nuclear or Mechanical,
- 10-15 yrs Nuclear plant/ industry experience required,
- Knowledge Requirements: PWR basics (systems, basic equipment technology, I&C methods, nuclear safety and accident analysis, plant transients, plant operations), basic nuclear and reactor physics, thermo hydraulics, PWR chemistry and radio-chemistry,
- Experience in Test and Commissioning: Equivalent to the commissioning of PWR unit or at least 2 years experiences participation to testing, commissioning, or re-commissioning after refuelling on a PWR in an operational position, and
- Competences for determining adequacy of overall test phase programs and scheduling.
- International project management experience,
- Knowledge of and experience with nuclear power plant licensing.