Would you like to become part of the global nuclear industry?
For a well known client operating in Belgium, we are currently looking for a Design Nuclear Engineer . This is a temporary position to be based in Brussels.
As a Radwaste Design Engineer, you will participate and contribute to the preparation of bids, the studies and the projects regarding Radioactive Waste Management of the Belgian Nuclear Power Plants. For this mission you must be fluent in English but also in French and Dutch.
- Applying your in-depth expertise about treatment and conditioning systems of solid waste and liquid & gaseous effluents;
- Specifying systems and/or equipment that meet clients’ requirements;
- Liaising with equipment suppliers;
- Establishing the equipment lay-out drawings with designers and draftsmen;
- Monitoring the contractors during the site commissioning phase;
- Evaluating decommissioning costs by using developed computer codes;
- Developing sensitivity studies with those codes, especially regarding radwaste management techniques and strategies implemented and their impact on the decommissioning planning and costs.
- You have a master’s degree in engineering, with a strong technical background and willing to develop your expertise.
- You have experience (at least 4 years) in the nuclear industry and particularly in Radioactive Waste Management is required.
- You are fluent in French or Dutch and in English.
- You can draw up reports in Dutch or French and English.
- You are familiar with IT tools such as MS-Office software suite, Visual Basic and Access.