We are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to work in Ghent and on site in Antwerp, Belgium. This is an initial 1-year contract with the possibility for extensions.
- To cotriute to the quality insurance plan related to the electrical field.
- To establish design principles for installations/equipment/structures.
- To collaborate with the Owner and the other designers in developing the project design.
- To guarantee proper dimensioning of the installations/equipment/structures.
- To issue instructions to the design and calculation team.
- To control and monitor the creation and progress of any graphic materials and any measurement overviews.
- To issue any Design Notes, Drafts, Specifications, Technical Specifications, and Briefs etc.
- To provide cost estimates for the works under consideration.
- To understand, analyze, and comment on the tenders and proposals submitted by the Bidders.
- To control and validate the produced documents (analysis, brief) before delivery.
- To comply with and enforce compliance with the Health/Safety guidelines set out in the Project Safety Plan.
- To create graphic materials based on instructions by Technical Specialist (Lead Engineer).
- To structure files and organize computer-assisted design.
- To take part in the dimensioning of simple installations/equipment based on standards, regulations, codes of practice and internal guidelines.
- To create measurement overviews (BOQ).
- Master’s degree in (electro)mechanics, building services
- Autonomy, collaborative, reliable, high level of probity
- At least 2 years of Electrical engineering experience
- Knowledge of Design standards / (local) regulations.
- Design electrical installations : medium voltage / low voltage / very low voltage.
- Knowledge medium voltage systems : medium voltage cabinets / transformer / cabling.
- Knowledge low voltage systems : electrical cabinets / earthing / (emergency)lighting / security supply (UPS/generators) / lightning protection / calculations : cabling, selectivity, voltage drop, etc.
- Knowledge very low voltage systems : data / fire detection / access control / CCTV, etc.
- Knowledge of Drafting Autocad.
- Good Knowledge of 2D & 3D drawing tools (Stabicad, Revit).
- Knowledge of Dialux.