Working in support of Longenecker & Associates, Thomas Thor USA is currently seeking a Fellow Nuclear Safety TSR Engineer to support SRNS Nuclear & Criticality Safety Engineering (N&CSE) organization in Aiken, South Carolina.
In this role you will have to support the SRNS Nuclear & Criticality Safety Engineering (N&CSE) organization by providing TSR expertise to SRNS facilities.
- Additional duties will include development and review of Technical Safety Requirements (TSRs), Documented Safety Analyses (DSAs) and other nuclear safety basis documents.
- Ensure that the developed products are consistent with existing TSRs (as applicable) and are compliant with standard DOE rules and guides and Savannah River Site specific methodology manuals.
- Demonstrate personal accountability for project schedules, deadlines, budgets, and the safe performance of work.
- Services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures.
- Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 15 years of experience in the nuclear safety industry through support to the Department of Energy (DOE) or the commercial nuclear industry, and have previous experience developing and writing TSRs as well as Chapter 5 development for DSAs.
- Previous experience with implementation of DOE G 423.1-1, Implementation Guide for Use in Developing Technical Safety Requirements, and DOE-STD-3009, Preparation Guide forU.S. Department of Energy Nonreactor Nuclear Facility Documented Safety Analyses.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“Q”) within the past two years are preferred.