Our client, a global Nuclear organization based in the UAE region, offers a rare opportunity to embark on a nuclear New-Build program, whilst taking inspiration from best-practices from nuclear sites around the world.
Reporting directly into the CNO, you will oversee maintenance activities ensuring full integration with operations and alignment with the wider business. You will work in a highly collaborative, accountable, visionary, multi-cultural and adaptable environment on the backdrop of the well-known ‘can do’ attitude of the UAE. Whilst this role is a 3-5-year assignment there will be numerous opportunities for directors to move into more strategic leadership roles as the site evolves and matures.
- Lead the maintenance business unit through challenging organisational change and transformation ensuring the assembly of a core leadership team, the communication of the vision for the business unit and the successful start-up of a new unit.
- Effective leadership and people management with overall responsibility for a maintenance division of circa 150+ staff, ensuing accountability at all levels to ensure the achievement of organisational objectives.
- Lead maintenance across all areas including work and PM planning, LTMS, monitoring, work and outage management, safety, compliance, preventative maintenance and testing validation.
- Drive plant reliability and consistency across all aspects of nuclear maintenance, licensing and design requirements.
- Lead a culture of continuous performance improvement in health, safety, security and reliability across all aspects of maintenance.
- Oversee maintenance optimisation to agreed standards, policies and procedures ensuring alignment with industry best practice and regulatory requirements.
- 12 years of relevant experience of which 4 years must be in Nuclear Power Plants in a leadership/management role and a background with a diverse career path (maintenance, operations and/or engineering).
- RO certified (preferred SRO)
- Relevant degree in Engineering
- Experience with PWR is preferred but not essential.
- Proven ability working in challenging, fast paced and constantly changing environments during a transformational period in its lifecycle (e.g. significant steam generator replacements, long outages, power uprates).
- Proven capability in successfully designing and leading recovery strategies and the transformation of poor performing plants/units into high performing ones.
- Effective and collaborative leadership that drives accountability, the highest standards of operational excellence and the ability to adapt and transform through the creation of multiple global approaches to achieve one common objective while shaping the future leaders of the organisation.
- Possess not only the right level of technical leadership, but also the capability to effectively lead a diverse and multi-cultural workforce in a progressive and collaborative way.
- Familiarity with WANO Atlanta standards and processes.
- The ability to positively influence and lead the organisation to enable the achievements of the business units and organisational goals.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, we can only consider applicants who are eligible to work in the UAE (citizen/permanent resident/work permit with sufficient length of validity).
Successful impact of your employment will include the assembly of your leadership team, the communication of your vision for the maintenance unit and the successful start-up of a new unit in due course. Highly competitive Tax-Free salary and package on offer.