Protecting current and future generations is at the heart of Radioactive Waste Management’s (RWM) mission to deliver the UK’s first Geological Disposal Facility (GDF) and provide radioactive waste management solutions.
As Principal Procurement Business Partner, you will define and manage key procurements for RWM throughout the GDF siting process including major ground investigation and construction enabling services. You will join a diverse organisation and develop a wider understanding of successful strategic approaches to procurement development and its implementation within RWM.
- Develop and implement appropriate commercial strategies managing procurements through the GDF programme lifecycle.
- Develop, implement and manage a portfolio of ground investigation and construction related goods, works and services ensuring compliance with public procurement policy and legislation.
- Ensure spend categories demonstrably deliver value for money and meet users’ needs through including supporting contract management activity.
- Develop and maintain a robust framework of good governance and commercial control for the RWM, promoting awareness of and compliance with good commercial practice and public expenditure controls.
- Develop and manage the pipeline of procurement activities for their portfolio of responsibility and support of the budgeting process.
- Provide day-to-day commercial advice of contractual arrangements and support to underpin business case approvals, as well as developing commercial capability within the team.
You will have senior procurement and/or contract management experience ideally gained in major ground investigation and construction enabling services.
Key skills include:
- Experience developing and implementing fit for purpose commercial strategies working within multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of bid evaluation and supplier selection, appropriate risk allocation between parties and applying effective contract terms
- Experience of managing categories, markets and supplier relationships, delivering category and market strategies and supplier relationship management
- Able to present and explain complex issues in an understandable concise manner; engaging with all levels in the organisation
If you have experience of any of the above and are interested in this role, please get in touch for further details or to apply for this opportunity.
RWM’s vision as an organisation is to create a safer future by managing radioactive waste effectively, to protect people and the environment, collaborating with experts on multi-million-pound research programmes and radioactive waste producers to find ways to package it that are suitable for disposal in a Geological Disposal Facility.