We at Thomas Thor Associates are in support of our client, Longenecker & Associates (L&A) currently seeking a Senior Criticality Safety Engineer to support the development, review, and implementation of criticality safety documentation for various facilities at the Savannah River Site. This is a 3 year contract to be based in Aiken, SC.
Support the SRNS Nuclear & Criticality Safety Engineering organization in the development, review, and implementation of criticality safety documentation for various facilities at the Savannah River Site.
- Provide technical assistance in developing criticality safety documents and analyses, criticality safety controls, and related technical support documentation.
- Ensure that the development of criticality safety documentation complies with requirements and as necessary, and applicable controls are implemented in field procedures.
- Conduct Criticality Safety Program assessments and maintain program manuals.
- Services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
- BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Science. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 20 years of recent experience in the nuclear/criticality safety industry through support of the Department of Energy (DOE) or the commercial nuclear industry. Alternate combination of education and experience will be considered where candidate has an advance degree.
- Previous experience with the use and implementation of 10 CFR 830, DOE O 420.1C, and related directives and standards is required.
- Previous experience in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SRS criticality safety documents is preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate personal accountability for facility/project schedules, deadlines, budgets, and the safe performance of work; and proficiency in performing Criticality Safety Program assessments. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a criticality safety code (MCNP or SCALE) is required.
- Demonstrated previous SRS nuclear safety engineering experience is preferred