Our client is a private company that designs and markets SMRs (Small Modular Reactor). It is currently hiring for a Server Administrator Level 4. This is a permanent full-time role to be remote for now and on-site in the near future. It will eventually be based out of Corvallis, Oregon.
As a Server Administrator 4, you will propose, plan, and implement complex projects and initiatives for IT systems operations; serve as a senior technical leader in multiple areas. You will work with the team to lead the delivery of stable, reliable, and flexible systems services to support all business processes; and keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies . The role serves as the technical escalation lead for complex issues.
- Lead the maintenance and administration of multiple core internal server infrastructure components including Active Directory, PKI, VMware vSphere, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure,Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, System Center Operations Manager, System CenterConfiguration Manager, HPC systems, file servers, print servers, and misc. application servers
- Lead the maintenance and administration of core internal storage, backup, and recovery systems
- Provide primary expert-level support for at least two major technology systems and secondary support of multiple others
- Act as a primary point of contact for business analysts with line of business applications
- Provide team leadership and mentoring for other administrators
- Lead complex IT projects that require the frequent use of creativity and innovation. Work them to completion with minimal oversight
- Schedule and coordinate server and storage hardware maintenance windows with support personnel
- Coordinate application deployment with support personnel and project managers
- Remote support and on-call hours may be required on a rotational basis
- Research and test new and emerging systems and server technologies; make recommendations to the IT Director
Education: A minimum of a B.S. degree in Computer Science or other technical degree from a four year accredited college/university or 8 years related experience in lieu of degree. A systems related certification (MCSE, VCAP, RHCE or similar) is required for this position and counts as 3 years of experience
Experience: A minimum of 12 years’ experience in complex IT environments. This includes direct experience architecting, deploying, and supporting enterprise systems and infrastructure across technology towers (storage, networking, operating systems, and applications)
The position requires knowledge in the following areas as it relates to designing, implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting operational incidents:
- Expert understanding of Microsoft, VMware, and/or Linux operating systems/networking in large high performance high availability environments
- Strong understanding of operational database administration, HA/DR, and ETL concepts
- Experience managing enterprise-class ISA server hardware (HPE, Dell, or IBM)
- Strong networking skills with an understanding of LAN, WAN, firewall, & VPN concepts
- Experience with enterprise-grade central backup software, VTL, and/or tape libraries
- Strong understanding of iSCSI and Fibre Channel SAN technology in a multi-path environment Scripting or programming (e.g.: Powershell, Bash, CMD, VBScript, C#, ASP.Net, etc.)
Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
Depending on experience