Our client, a global organization based in the MENA region offers a key opportunity to lead the successful completion and handover of a regional Mega Project over the next two years. This opportunity is a fixed term two-year contract with specific milestones and project charter objectives and requires a relocation to the UAE
- Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, ensure the organisation and objectives of the Prime Contract closure are fully aligned across all organisational divisions/units and all goals and objectives are achieved.
- As key Advisor on the program, close out and handover by taking a just approach between a vortex of stakeholders, including operations, engineering, maintenance, partners, vendors, corporate headquarters etc. to effectively manage this commercially financed project, understanding the governance and working with legal, engineering, etc. to bring the Prime Contract to a successful close, ensuring all milestones for each stage are effectively completed (construction close, final completion etc.)
- Support and roll out the development of plans, scope, objectives, deliverables, packages, and strategies of all close-out matters, support negotiations, providing recommendations to the organisation for the settlement of all outstanding issues.
- Provide specific day-to-day project execution leadership to facilitate project completion and close out, monitoring progress and risk to ensure deliverables are met within the timeframe and budget allocated.
- As a Resolution Expert, facilitate communication internally and externally to build and nurture mutually beneficial working relationships, ensuring transparent updates on progress and challenges are delivered on a regular basis to leadership.
- Support the COO in the settlement of disputed issues in accordance with the organisational spectrum of approval and objectives, including identifying tasks and designating actions.
- Provide strategic and execution specific advice, support resolution alternatives and function as a conflict resolution expert to advise on any mediation, litigation and/or dispute matters related to the close-out of the Prime Contract.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- At least 18+ years of experience on complex international construction projects in varying leadership and management positions.
- At least 5 years’ of experience on mega projects including project close out (US$ 2 billion plus) in a senior management capacity.
- Minimum 5 years of construction dispute and resolution management experience, including risk management, cost and schedule analysis, and negotiation / settlement of disputes on large, complex construction claims.
- Experience of liaising and interfacing with key project stakeholders at all levels and capacities including senior management, government, statutory, legal, insurance, financial, contractor, sub-contractor, vendor, supplier, etc.
- Minimum technical degree in engineering, construction management, or