We have a current opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer SME on a contract basis. The position will be based in Southport, NC. The contract is for a year with a possibility for extension afterwards. It’s a hybrid schedule with 50% of the time on site.
The individual will perform design engineering work for Mechanical projects within the engineering organization. Current qualification at a nuclear utility as a Modification Engineer under an INPO Accredited Program and knowledge of Consolidated Asset Suite for design and work order task development is highly desirable. Individual will be required to obtain qualifications for a Modification Engineer, Design Verification, and Calculation Prepare prior to working independently. Selected individual will act as the Lead Technical and/or Responsible Engineer for preparing Engineering Change (EC) Packages for assigned projects and in a support capacity on other projects. Individual will field follow implementation, develop EC revisions, complete post modification testing, and turnover of design products. Implementation follows a site schedule and the individual may be required to support project schedules during off-normal hours.
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent BS degree with relevant work experience.
* 10+ years engineering experience in the nuclear industry with experience in Mechanical Design Modification preparation. * Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear facility (General Employee Training, Radiation Worker Training, Security Clearance checks and subject to the site’s Fitness for Duty Program)
* Strong oral / written communication skills within a professional environment
* Skilled in the practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
* Registration/Licensure as a Professional Engineer
* Mechanical engineering experience at the Brunswick Nuclear Plant
* Experience in the 10CFR50.59 with respect to designing modifications to a nuclear facility.+15 years discipline experience and unique SME skills.
Principal Recruitment Consultant with extensive recruitment experience working in Europe, US and MENA regions
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.