One of our clients in Ontario is looking for a Quality Assurance Director. It is a permanent role based in Chalk River. This position directly reports to Vice President, Health, Safety, Security, Environment & Quality.
The QA Director is responsible for contributing to the achievement of the company vision, strategic outcomes and business objectives through continuous improvements in quality and performance assurance program execution, processes, procedures and practices, with the ultimate goal of achieving performance excellence – safety, execution and innovation excelling together. Providing strategic direction and oversight to the Quality Assurance programs and services that meet the Nuclear license requirements, business operational needs and reflect industry best practices for all sites.
The Director, Quality Assurance (DQA) has the primary responsibility for developing and implementing Total Quality programs that support the organization’s strategic mission and for the provision of strategic direction, leadership and implementation of the company ‘s Contractor Assurance System, Operating Experience (OPEX), Corrective Actions services and Human Performance (HU) Program framework to drive a culture of continuous learning throughout the organization.
The Director, QA is responsible for:
- Understanding, complying and holding employees accountable to the environmental health and safety policies and procedures;
- Delivery of the Quality portion of the Management Control System to ensure that they are consistent with Canadian standards and contractual requirements;
- Integrating Quality activities across the sites and projects;
- Developing and maintaining quality strategy by establishing and developing the organization structures, processes and methodologies through the various phases of the program;
- Maintaining the momentum of change through executive action, strategic advice and consultancy on processes and initiation to help change the organization;
- Leading and managing various Initiatives for planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established procedures to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other contractual requirements;
- Supporting completion the contract work scope to the satisfaction of the client while simultaneously ensuring the HSSE&Q, nuclear safety, quality, financial, risk management objectives are met.
- Perform human performance oversight and monitor all human performance management processes as well as the implementation of human performance initiatives on behalf of the VP HSSE&Q;
- Recommending to the Leadership Team, human performance enhancement strategies, plans, and process improvements required to support achieving event free performance targets and long term human performance excellence;
- Establishing and maintaining standards and policies for human performance, using best practices.
- A Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or related technical field. Experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Change management and statistics training, Six Sigma Black Belt certification or equivalent in experience would be considered an asset;
- Over 20 years of experience in complex nuclear project and laboratory management;
- Be able to work with very broad direction, and provide appropriate input to executive management in setting strategic direction;
- Proven record of working with minimal direct supervision, exercising independent judgement and taking initiative in a number of complex and sensitive areas;
- Proven ability to lead and organize professionals, technicians and support staff;
- Security Clearance is required.