For one of our clients in Belgium, we are looking for an experienced Nuclear Process Engineer to work on multiple nuclear projects. This would be a long term role based in Brussels with an initial 1 year contract with possible extensions.
The Systems group, which is part of the “Nuclear Processes” Competence Centre, is in charge of the following consultancy and engineering services activities relating to PWR reactors and fluid systems:
- Conceptual and Functional design
- Functional and technical specifications
- Feasibility and modification studies
- Functional analyses
- Performance analysis
- Thermal-hydraulic calculations
- Operations & Maintenance support
- Input to commercial bidding for engineering services.
- You will coach and provide guidance to less experienced colleagues in the team performing system functional analyses and calculations, defining test programs and other system activities. You will participate in the design of systems within the “Nuclear Island” of PWRs, using the necessary tools and methods. You’ll contribute to the development of tools and methods for performing our current and future activities.
- You will help to maintain the high quality standards for the deliverables produced by the team consisting of technical notes, test procedures, reports, equipment functional specifications and other documents to be prepared and issued according to nuclear regulatory and quality standards. You will be in contact with clients to listen to and understand their needs, to prepare scopes of work and to present results of your analyses.
- You are a civil or industrial engineer with a strong will to share your technical expertise and knowledge and provide guidance to your less experienced colleagues
- You have a profound knowledge in thermal-hydraulics and heat transfer phenomena
- More than 15 years of experience in the aforementioned areas of expertise is expected, including at least 10 years in PWR design and in particular PWR nuclear island fluid system design; knowledge of experimental reactors and other nuclear power plant designs is an asset
- You’ve a large general knowledge in several other competence domains, such as mechanical equipment, electrical supply and I&C within nuclear power plants.
- You’ve experience in commissioning of equipment in nuclear power plants and good knowledge of the operation of nuclear power plants
- You’ve good knowledge of nuclear regulations and American standards (e.g. ASME) or equivalent
- Prior experience with IT tools such as Flo-master for calculation of fluid dynamics is an advantage
- You have a strong analytical mind and a problem solving attitude
- You are committed to meeting the deadlines and you care for quality and safety
- You are rigorous in your work and have a questioning attitude
- English and either French or Dutch
- You are able to write technical documents and synthesis reports
- You are methodologic and have a creative mindset and willingness to solve complex problems
- You have an open mind and a capacity to convince others