For one of our client operating in Belgium, we are looking for a Safety Senior Project Manager to be responsible for projects related to the studies of existing Belgian Nuclear Power Plants. The job is located in the Brussels area with frequent visits to the Belgian NPP sites (Doel and Tihange) and occasional visits outside Belgium.
As Senior Project Manager you will be in charge of the management of project(s) mainly related to safety studies, and Probabilistic Safety Assessment.
- Manage and monitor the scope, the schedule, the budget, the performances, the HSE and nuclear safety aspects, the quality and the profitability of the project
- Collaborate actively to get the support of other departments (procurement, finance, risk management, …)
- Set up a project organisation in accordance with the needs of the project
- Coordinate the lead engineers of each discipline
- Plan and define the tasks and delegate them amongst the team
- Verify the adequate integration of the various specialities in the project
- Be the technical and commercial interface and develop a partnership approach with the Client
- Manage the project procurement activities (tender documents, tendering, negotiation, contracting and invoicing) for packages and insure that the Client’s requirements/targets are met
- Master degree in engineering
- Good spoken, writing and reading skills in English. You are fluent in Dutch or French
- Minimum of 7 years of proven experience in project management
- At least 10 years of professional experience in nuclear engineering
- A technical background in the field of safety studies, especially Probabilistic Safety Assessment, is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You are flexible, resistant to stress, rigorous and assertive. You have the ability to take decisions even in difficult situations. You are at ease with contacts and have a conflict management ability. You are able to convince people.