This organisation is an international energy developer and leader in renewables power generation, specialising in full life cycle management of mid-sized projects from design and construction, through to operations and maintenance. With a vision to bring low-cost clean power global and create a world class legacy that is impactful and meaningful for a low carbon future for future generations, this organization has projects across multiple countries and development plans in 10 markets. It has a considerable MW installed footprint and is highly profitable, with a sound balance sheet. It now wants to transition to a new growth stage and has newly developed its own proprietary solar deployment innovations, to ensure it future competitiveness.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
The appointee, who will report to the Chairman and Board of Directors, will be effective in their ownership of the following result areas:
- With full P&L responsibility for the organisation, design and execute a highly ambitious expansion strategy for the organisation globally, ensuring the effective translation and integration of the organizational vision to grow its business to a $500 million enterprise, in the next five years.
- Build a high performance global commercial leadership team, ensuring the team are cohesive, collaborative and work in a highly integrated manner.
- Design and roll out an effective people acquisition and development strategy to ensure a successful leadership team dynamic.
- Lead an ambitious market development program to focus on MWs connected to the grid and support the goals and objectives for the group.
- Leading from the front, guide the newly appointed leadership team on strategy in the development of their market development plans and ensure the strategy for market penetration is effective to ensure prioritization of key markets and projects to maximize profitability.
- Advise the leadership team on the identification of key banking, investment, and financial partners to support localized investments, bids, and negotiations.
- Identify opportunities, lead contractual negotiations with the in-house legal team, support project funding and lead or support the close out of viable investment deals.
The candidate will clearly possess experience and competencies in the following:
- Align with the organizational values of entrepreneurialism, innovation, quality-focus, accountability, and commerciality to successfully drive the organizational objectives in Solar over the next five years.
- Proven track record in scaling a highly successful business in previous roles, with solid experience driving highly successful international expansion in the renewables sector.
- Possess a minimum of 15 years in international market development, with at least 8 years in the international Renewable Energy industry, ideally in Solar, Wind, or other Renewables (Wind, Hydro, Tidal, Geothermal, Biomass).
- People management experience with at least 10 years at leadership/management level, and proven success coaching and developing high performing commercial/sales teams.
- Outstanding planning and management capability across all aspects of running a successful business from P&L management through to project acquisition and development of highly successful teams.
- Ideally you will have specific experience in driving MW profits in solar development.
- Design and roll out an effective people acquisition and development strategy to ensure a successful collaborative and supportive leadership team dynamic.
- Proven capability to develop and implement commercial strategy for global growth with proven success in previous positions in the acquisition of projects and partnerships and the development of successful sales teams.
- Passion to build a globally leading organisation in Solar ensuring a legacy for future generations.
We know also that we are researching and assessing candidates for the following:
- Ambitious, self-starter, with strong business acumen and a desire to drive excellence and innovation in the business.
- Deal maker, with an entrepreneurial flair to seek out and generate business leads and opportunities.
- Superb P&L management experience, including Project Costing and Financial Modelling.
- Strong entrepreneurial capability with a genuine passion and interest in building a high potential business from inception into a global market leader.
- A down to earth honest and open approach to business, with solid, fact-based decision-making leadership competency to ensure teams focus on the right markets for the most impactful results.
- A genuine interest in the renewable energy sector and a passion for contributing to a better world through the development of lost cost, low carbon energy production.
- Executives coming from Solar and Wind generation sectors are preferred, individuals coming from the electrical industry such as wind inverter companies can also be considered.