The Civils Supervisor is responsible for supervision of all civils construction and engineering activities on this complex turnkey project to construct, install, and commission the onshore component of an offshore wind farm.
This role can be offered on a contract for up to 4 years, or as a permanent staff role with the client.
- Coordinate all civil project activities including actions of the client, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives.
- Implement the client’s EHS policies, security, housekeeping, and fire protection on the construction site.
- Develop in conjunction with the Project Director and Project Manager the project organization. Ensure the organization is composed of qualified and knowledgeable personnel and ensures effective personnel utilization. Ensure the performance reviews are conducted on field staff in accordance with established schedule.
- Establish and implement civil construction schedules, methods, staffing charts, subcontractor appointment, subcontractor management, materials and equipment requirements.
- Review project cost and schedule performance through analysis of project reports and data. Coordinate with the Project Controls Manager (PCM)
- Monitor and analyze project safety, cost, schedule, and quality performance and ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- Control project expenditures for subcontractor and where applicable labour, equipment, material and services and ensure field operations are within budget.
- Plan and establish procedures to ensure civil construction operations meet the objectives of the project scope. Ensure corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented and if necessary establish project procedures and objectives to address site or project specific conditions.
- Maintain client relationship.
- Maintain an effective relationship with other functional departments.
- Develop, implement and administer a project security plan for civil construction and coordinate the activities with the corporate security department.
- Coordinate all project contractual activities. Participate in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
- Ensure Civil Field Engineers (CFE) and Civil Field Supervisor / Superintendent (CFS) are properly trained.
- Direct the development and implementation of a training program to ensure subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities.
- Direct the overall project safety program and ensure adherence to national, regional and local regulatory safety and health codes.
- Implement an effective community relations plan for the project.
- Ensure required permits and licenses are in place prior to the start of the affected work at the site.
- Ensure teams and subcontractors have the capability to execute assigned scope in a safe, secure, and cost-effective manner in accordance with the cost, technical, schedule, and quality baselines.
- Assist the Responsible Civil Field Superintendent with balancing and prioritizing construction resources to support successful execution.
- Coordinate all construction activities to fully support project plans and schedules.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Fluent spoken and written Danish and English
- Experience as a Civils Supervisor in a similarly complex EPC project that includes onshore, offshore, and Shipyard components, preferably for an end to end project.
- Experience in European Offshore Wind, and preferably experience in a similar role in Denmark.
- Relevant qualifications to underpin the key responsibilities and requirements.