This position can be based anywhere in Europe or Far East/Asia with extensive global travel required.
Our client is a leading international energy developer with an exclusive focus on Solar PV with a large and ever-growing international footprint, including both Land and Floating Solar solutions.
The role of Global Market Development Director is imperative to drive the growth objectives of the organisation.
The strategic nature of this role ensures that it crosses over every organisational function, making it a critical position within the leadership structure and will be fully responsible for deciding and driving the strategy for the continued growth of the organisation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Driving the commercial growth strategy for the organisation globally, with a key focus on the European and Asian markets.
- Oversee the global project pipeline portfolio, with responsibility for oversight of due diligence on all projects to ensure commercial viability, as well as ensuring that all agreements meet the requirements of financial closure with maximum profitability.
- Lead the origination of new projects, working with teams globally to drive successful financial close and ensure profitability over megawatt size.
- Drive new market entries, with responsibility for development of key government and regulatory frameworks/bodies
- Develop and lead a global commercial team to drive Market Development initiatives, with responsibility for leading identification of key Solar/PV opportunities (Land and Floating), overseeing project bidding, financial modelling, project calculations and financial close.
- Work with financial/modelling, legal and construction teams, to lead negotiation and execution of tenders and new Power Purchase Agreements, with both state and merchant contracts from the get-go.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience in a Market Development Leadership role in Europe or the Far East across all aspects of identification and acquisition of IPP opportunities including end to end oversight of project bidding, financial modelling, project calculations and corporate PPA and financial close.
- Experience as an organisational leader across all aspects of project origination to financial closure in the renewable energy industry, of which at least a significant portion must be Solar/PV related.
- You will have developed business units or organisations from conception or grown small teams to sizeable functions.
- Demonstrable accountable and entrepreneurial leadership with proven examples of your ability to drive profitability and growth through values of excellence, attention to detail, passion for success and innovation.
- Experience leading strategic partnership development to drive funding for ongoing new project development.