Radioactive Waste Management Ltd (RWM) are responsible for delivering one the UK’s largest ever environmental infrastructure projects.
As part of this socially, politically, and technically challenging project you will be able to say, with conviction, that the work you are doing today will have a positive impact on the environment forever.
Your input will have a direct and positive outcome, and this project will form a part of your legacy.
As Head of Land and Property, you will be responsible for leading RWM’s work in relation to land access, acquisition and management and related property matters to enable the implementation of a Geological Disposal Facility (GDF).
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- You will establish and maintain strong links with the NDA land and property team, RWM and NDA legal teams, BEIS, other landowners, statutory bodies, property agents and members of the public with an interest in land to support the siting and evaluation process.
- In line with the land access and acquisition strategy to be developed, you will establish the appropriate land and property team based on a mix of internal and external expertise which will deliver the required land agreements in a cost effective and timely manner to support the GDF siting and evaluation process.
- You will act as an internal point of contact to provide continual briefing to the Exec team on land issues and to develop the knowledge of others through participation in wider RWM activities relating to the GDF siting process.
- As Head of the function, you will demonstrate expertise to your team as a land acquisition and management professional, preferably drawing upon experience within large scale mining, minerals, infrastructure, utility, development, or related projects.
- You will use your expertise within this function to support engagement within a variety of complex stakeholder groups, including private and public sector organisations, central government, and the general public. An understanding of, and experience alleviating, the concerns of each of these stakeholder groups will be essential to this role being carried out effectively.
- Relevant qualifications and memberships may also support you to carry out the demands of this role and to support the development of your team.
- You will possess UK working rights
- You will receive a competitive base salary, an annual bonus of up to 35% of that, a car allowance, and one of the most generous pensions currently available in the UK (Civil Service Alpha Pension Scheme).
- With an organisation that is to grow from 200 people to 500 people over the next 4 years, your responsibilities will expand with it. As a result this role offers you the opportunity to develop both your skill set and your career.
- Your life outside of work is important to RWM and so they would welcome a conversation about any flexibility that you may require to meet both your home and professional commitments.
- Whilst there is significant travel required for this role – so some days your commute will be longer – you are able to balance that with spending some of your time working from home, and therefore having no commuting time.
To discuss this role in more detail and to receive a copy of the full Role Description then either Apply to this advert, or email Petra van der Sluijs or Jamie Braddock on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , including either an up to date CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile.