Thomas Thor have been assigned by one of our clients to find a strategic partner to work with their HR division as a Labour Relation Partner. This is a Permanent position based on site in Ontario.
This role reports to the Labour Relation Director.
In managing different stakeholders and developing cross functional leadership, the HR Business Partner will be responsible for the implementation and execution of HR programs including, employee/labour relations, performance management, succession planning and organizational change.
- Creating and executing best practices in all HR functions to enable a high-performing workforce that contributes to the organization’s strategic growth;
- Coach and support the business leaders on understanding, communicating and following up on employee engagement and enablement plans, providing consultative expertise and proactive advice to management on organizational and HR matters relating to employee/labour relations, performance management, organizational development and succession planning;
- Support the careers of key/high potential individuals ensuring their engagement and retention;
- Participate in organizational development plans and ensuring corporate consistency;
- Lead and partner with management for effective succession planning;
- Be the advisor or coach in difficult situations to guide the managers on how to solve the situation; and,
- Subject matter expert on HR policies and processes in order to facilitate compliance and application in a fair and consistent manner across all.
- Several years in a similar role with extensive experience in dealing with Labour relations
- Experienced level knowledge across human resources management disciplines including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, organizational development, succession planning, total rewards, HR systems and recruitment within Canada.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills where success was achieved through use of influence techniques.
- Advanced relationship management abilities with ability to develop and maintain relationships with individuals at all position levels.
- Ability to explain complex statistical concepts to non-technical team members and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational skills and oral and written communication capabilities.
- Highly self-motivated and team player. Comfortable performing duties based on broad general direction and minimal oversight and willing to work cooperatively with others.
- Advanced facilitation skills
- ideal education includes a post-secondary Degree/Diploma in HR Management, Business Administration or a related field. An HR certification is an asset.
- Experience in high regulated industry
staff position: CAD 90,000 – 135,000 + Benefits + Pension
Relocation package provided