We are working on position with a large construction company who build impactful projects from coast to coast.
We are seeking a Methods Project Engineer -Civil to join the Darlington New Nuclear Plant Small Modular Reactor Project. Reporting to the SVP Nuclear, the successful candidate will work on-site at the Darlington Plant and be able to take the design document and start to do construction sequencing, detail sequencing of method and scheduling on this very exciting new build project in Nuclear.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Lead feasibility studies and provide project and technical leadership in driving planning and execution to ensure project is to safety, and quality standards
- Ensure compliance with the standards of construction designs, plans and specifications
- Prepare and review designs from conceptual design through to tender to construction, taking the design documentation from start to perform construction and detailed sequencing methods
- Work with team members to determine viable design solutions and identification of risks
- Lead project schedules, resource forecasting and ensure compliance with the budget of the project
- Preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders and purchasing recommendations
- Work with the contractors and consultants in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively, both the concerns and best interests of the project
- Gather input from JV’s internal stakeholders, and clients to ensure the project requirements are captured and detailed in the project documents
- Work with the contractors and consultants in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively, both the concerns and best interests of the project.
- Evaluate project risks and mitigation strategies.
- Identify contract document conflicts and recommend solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering – Civil or mechanical preferred and has a P. Eng
- Minimum of four years’ related experience.
- Good understanding of how to read engineering drawings, documents and site plans
- Experience with and understanding of Engineered tools/equipment, automated systems, remote tooling systems
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Proficient in software related to construction industry as required (e.g., Primavera Scheduling software, AutoCAD, SAP etc.)
- Excellent computer skills (including MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- EPC and/or EPCM project knowledge and experience
- Understanding of the Engineering Change Process.
- Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with a large team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility to work in both field and office.
Heavy Civil, Construction Sequencing, Detailed Method Sequencing, New Build, SMR project