Our client a leading international engineering organisation within the highly regulated nuclear, defence, oil & gas, and science & research industries are seeking a Principal Planner to be based in the South East.
The Project Planner is the ‘organiser’ of a project or projects. You will set out, monitor, maintain and update the project schedule in coordination with all stakeholders of the project.
As the Principal Planner you will provide information to the Project Management and Design Management teams on project progress including critical path and project milestones. The Planner will work closely with the Project Services team in monitoring programme KPI’s e.g. Earned Value.
• Draft programmes in conjunction with the Project team for approval by the Project Manager
• Discuss & agree resources and timescales with the Project Manager
• Ensure all activities within the Project scope of work are included in programmes
• Issue programmes of work in accordance with Document Control system
• Gather information from design team, subcontractors, client for progress reporting purposes
• Responsible for updating the project plan throughout the project lifetime
• Manage progress reporting against the programme
• Pursue sub-contractors programmes & ensure alignment with those of the project
• Operate change control in line with the Project contract requirements
• Recommend delivery and sequencing strategies to the Project Manager based on project knowledge
• Recommend internal Project Control Process Improvements and undertake quality checks
• Provide client performance data and reports as required
• Undertake Regular Planning Audits
• Operate at both Working Project Level and Senior Management Level
• Propose Planning Process Improvements
• Contribute to Pre Qualification and Tender responses as required by the Planning Manager
• Baseline Change
• Minimum HND or equivalent level of qualification is required
• PC literate in Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of using Project Planning software (Primavera) is required. SC or DV level security clearance is preferred though not essential.
• Demonstrable competence gained in a planning/scheduling role
• Planning Specialist with a good working knowledge of Cost Management, Risk Management and Change Control
• Experience of working within a project delivery environment is essential
• Experience of Managing Staff
• Full knowledge of the Project Lifecycle is essential
• Preferably degree qualified in technical/engineering or project management discipline though not essential
• Ideally, a depth of experience will have been gained within a construction industry incorporating at least either civil, electrical or mechanical engineering disciplines
• Full UK Driving Licence
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.