Our client, one of Belgium’s top nuclear player is looking for a new member of its “QA/QC” section, ensure that all parties deliver and install their products with the highest level of quality to ensure nuclear safety at all times.
Working in an international environment, you’d be in charge of the following activities:
- Examination and approval of the Contractor technical manufacturing and installation files of various mechanical equipment (valves, pumps, heat exchangers, piping, etc.
- Verify from a quality control point of view the conformity of the fabrication documents to be in line with technical specifications and the governing construction codes and standards.
- Intervene during review and approval of material purchase specifications, non-destructive examination procedures, welding procedures, heat treatment procedures, special manufacturing procedures.
- Conduct quality control missions during manufacturing and installation of mechanical equipment.
- Assess the conformity of the fabrication during inspection missions at manufacturer’s premises and/or during installation at the Nuclear Power Plants.
- Verify that the goods are meeting the requirements set forth in the technical and upfront approved technical and quality assurance documentation.
- Examination and approval of quality plans (PQP, ITP, …).
- Provide technical feedback in terms of the acceptance of non-conformities encountered during manufacturing without comprising the final quality of the product.
- Issue inspection reports.
- Support the organisation with quality control expertise.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Mechanical / Electromechanical engineer with 3-5 years’ experience in a quality control environment in an industrial context.
- French or Dutch speaking with a proficient professional knowledge of the English language.
- Able to work with limited supervision according to predefined methodologies.
- Able to work in an international context for short or long missions.
- Ability to draft concise reports containing factual conclusions.
- Knowledge of quality control, fabrication processes, non-destructive testing, material technology & standards and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of one of the following codes & standards is an asset : ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (section II, section III (nuclear related), section V, section VIII , section IX, ASME B31.1, ASME B16.34…), PED, RCCM, ESPN.
- A strong interest in manufacturing processes of mechanical equipment.
- Reliable and motivated to meet deadlines.