Radiation Shielding Discipline Manager
We are looking for a Radiation Shielding Discipline Manager to be part of multiple nuclear projects across the UK for our client Orano.
Orano has an established footprint in the United Kingdom built on over 40 years’ experience in the UK nuclear sector. Delivering the full range of its nuclear fuel cycle capability across the British Isles, Orano has provided and continues to deliver services relating to uranium, used fuel management and recycling, nuclear logistics, engineering and nuclear site dismantling. As one of the biggest decommissioning markets in the world, the UK is strategic position for Orano.
As a Radiation Shielding Discipline Manager, you will coordinate and develop the team in delivering high quality work. This is a unique opportunity to join a diverse team that will support you throughout your career, with plenty of exciting development opportunities for those looking to move forward.
* Responsibility for the management and performance of the Shielding and Dose Assessment Section
* Management of Sheild and Dose Assessment consultants, review, monitor and progress staff development
* Mentor section staff and provide technical advice to other members of the team
* Build a good relationship with the client, request feedback from the client on a regular basis on performance, progress and communications
* Supporting the Head of Technical in managing complex demands of clients
Skills and Experience:
* Degree in Physics
* Experience of radiation shielding and dose assessment in the UK nuclear industry
* Experience in the application of radiation transport codes including MCNP, Attila, Inventor CAD Modelling, MCBEND, FLUKA and Microshield
* Ability to lead and manage technical and shielding projects
* Experience in high energy physics experiments
* Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the QMS
* Ability to understand complex issues and deliver solutions
* Ability to communicate effectively and clearly within a team
Orano’s established engineering and consulting business offers specialist design and consulting services to the majority of the UK’s nuclear sites and clients. With a core business stream of nuclear safety, integrated with its full range of engineering services and specialist technical disciplines such as Human Factors and Shielding, Orano positions itself to support UK nuclear projects across the lifecycle.
This ranges from support to Nuclear New Build and design support to fusion, to supporting major decommissioning and waste management programmes through frameworks with clients such as Dounreay and Magnox.
Within the UK, Orano Projects Limited (OPL) is a distinct UK legal entity, and is a part of the Orano Projects Business Unit, with offices in Warrington, Abingdon, and Westlakes in Cumbria. OPL is currently organised into two principal departments, a Consultancy department providing safety consultancy services, and an Engineering department providing a range of engineering and project services. Orano offers a hybrid working pattern, remote and office-based roles.
Please click on the apply now button to send us your application – or contact Lisa Morgan at Thomas Thor for further information.
Lisa has experience in the recruitment industry, specifically the European and UK Nuclear industry.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.