For one of our clients in Belgium, we are currently looking for an experienced Qualification Mechanical Engineer to work for a big international company. The role is to be based in Brussels (with possible travel to the site) for an initial 1-year contract with possible extensions.
As a member of the group “Equipment & Materials Management”, in charge of the following activities in close relation with the Project Managers and the Customers:
- Expertise in mechanical components;
- Purchase of mechanical equipment/service (valves, servo motors, pumps, compressor, handling equipment,…):
- Technical expertise and definition of the needs;
- Preparation of the documents – Technical Requisition File, commercial documents, … for calls for tenders;
- Review and analysis of the supplier’s bids;
- Support in the commercial negotiations with the suppliers;
- Follow-up of the contract from the kick-off meeting until the final acceptance on-site;
- Qualification of equipment during test campaigns or by analysis.
- Assisting the Project Manager and the Customer in meetings and technical discussions with the Safety Authorities.
- Mechanical or material Engineer with experience in the mechanical engineering sector;
- Working knowledge of English and French and/or Dutch languages;
- Can work with limited supervision;- Interest in design, manufacturing and site operation activities;
- Ability to draft reports, synthesis, calculation note, and Technical Requisition File documents;
- Deep knowledge of mechanical technology & standards, materials, manufacturing, maintenance and obsolescence issue;
- Methodical, accurate, organized, solution-minded with team-player skills;- Good computer skills (excel, access, …);
- Ready to work abroad for short or long missions.