We have a current opportunity for a Senior Fuel Handling System Test Engineer for a nuclear technology company in US. It’s a remote contract for a year with a posibility for extension.
The Fuel Handling System Test Engineer will focus on the testing of primarily mechanical Fuel Handling and process systems. In this role, you will act as a system design and test engineer for advanced nuclear reactor projects in the area of Fuel Handling. The successful candidate will integrate and coordinate with engineers working on interfacing systems. The System Test Engineer will work as part of a high-performing team of engineers and scientists.
* Design of nuclear fuel handling systems and fuel handling sub-systems from requirements through final design.
* Coordinate the review of analyses, such as thermal, seismic, structural, pipe stress, heat transfer, and other analyses performed by others and integrate the results into plant design delivery.
* Identify and ensure effective application of correct design codes into the design of plant systems such as ASME, ANS, ASTM, IEEE, NFPA, etc.
* Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design standards.
* Analyze and allocate regulatory criteria and standards to complex mechanical and process system design.
* Support planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for design activities within a system, as well as their integration with an overall plant design delivery schedule.
* Interface with design disciplines (such as mechanical, instrumentation and controls, civil, and nuclear) to identify and develop plant design information and specify system design and performance criteria.
* Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
* Propose and initiate testing programs for plant system qualification, as needed.
* Provide Support and oversight during test execution, evaluation of test results, and reporting of test results.
* Draft test requirements, test designs, and test procedures for design development tests.
* Coordinate testing activities and commissioning of test programs and equipment.
* Create and execute plans for qualification of plant equipment.
* Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
* Support design reviews as plant system and subsystem designs are established and refined.
Key Qualifications and Skills
* B.S. in Mechanical or related discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years direct experience with proven mechanical systems skills.
* Demonstrated experience in the testing, commissioning, and qualification of complex mechanical systems, structures and equipment, particularly nuclear fuel handling systems.
* Experience in high temperature and multi-discipline integration highly desired.
* Previous experience with nuclear reactors, nuclear fuel handling process systems, or similar high-performance system or equipment design is required.
* Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
* Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
* Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a test team’s effort with minimal direction.
* Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
* Ability to work on simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
* Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
Principal Recruitment Consultant with extensive recruitment experience working in Europe, US and MENA regions
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.