As a project manager for one of European’s most exciting and leading low-carbon energy organizations, you will be responsible for the full project life cycle from initiation through to project delivery and closure. This role has multiple stakeholders, internal and external customers, as it is interfacing directly across the company. As a consequence, you will travel and work in several international locations.
You may work on smaller and larger projects of considerable strategic significance, ranging from €50 million to in excess of €500 million.
The main responsibilities are:
- Enhance the organization’s project delivery capabilities across a global footprint stretching over four operational sites and a number of business activities
- Actively promote a pro-active safety culture, and be a role model, throughout the project lifecycle and across the Group
- Advise, consult, lead and provide feedback in the development and evolvement of the Group’s Project Delivery Strategy, aligned to deliver against the Group’s objectives and strategy across its CAPEX portfolio
- Develop a high-performance team, ensuring flawless integration of all sub-disciplines and functions throughout the project lifecycle
- Foster and enhance owner relationships with subcontractors and vendors
- Ensure the company’s commercial position is robustly protected through the application of industry best practices in contracting strategies, supplier selection, procurement, contract negotiation, and contract management
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing strategies that successfully deliver projects to Business objectives (safety, budget, cost, benefits)
- On-site construction experience
- At least 3 years living and working outside your country of origin
- Demonstrable ability in building teams of high-performing professionals, communicating strategy, and building a team accountable for the delivery of the project
- Project Management Qualification / Accreditation such as APM or PMI
Demonstrable experience being fully accountable for complex, multi-contract, multi-disciplinary projects in a lead EPC role or an owner role